Norman commanded the operation Desert Storm to oust Saddam Hussein. He passed away recently. Here’s a summary of what he thinks about leadership.
1. Leadership is a potent combination of strategy and character. But if you must be without one, be it without strategy!
2. Any soldier must be antiwar; but there are things worth fighting for.
3. The more you sweat in peace, the les you bleed in battle.
4. When placed in command, take charge!
5. It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle, but to one of those men who goes into battle.
6. Courage is being afraid and going ahead and closing.
7. Truth is you know the right thing to do, hard part is doing it.
8. Ware is a profane things.
9. Learn more from negative leadership.
10. Do what is right, not what headquarters want or what you think.